Santa Clarita’s varied topography, 20+ sound stages, 10+ movie ranches, and thousands of film-friendly locations combined with the City’s location within the “30-Mile Zone,” make it one of the most filmed areas in California.
To ensure that Santa Clarita remains a thriving industry hub, the City developed its Film Office in 2002 and is responsible for a variety of functions including:
- issuance of all permits for filming within City limits including coordination with L.A. County Fire and Sheriff
- assistance with location inquiries and scouting
- overseeing all filming taking place on City-owned property
- liaising between the production community and the City’s residences and businesses
- marketing Santa Clarita’s services and locations to the entertainment industry
- working with legislators to develop pro-active, film-specific benefits to help keep filming in California
In addition to these responsibilities, the Film Office is dedicated to making filming in Santa Clarita as affordable, convenient and enjoyable as possible for production while balancing the needs of the community’s residents and businesses.
Today the City of Santa Clarita is dedicated to creating an environment that allows the film industry to thrive and be successful.
In 2007 the City’s Film Program was recognized as the best economic development program in the state by the California Association for Local Economic Development (CALED).
We welcome the opportunity to work with you soon and look forward to showing you firsthand why we’ve consistently been named the best place to film.